The company was established in 1997 in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Those days when it was incorporated, it was known as SEI SEN FOOD INDUSTRY (M) SDN. BHD. Under the new management, the company changes its identity to MIKUNI FOOD DISTRIBUTION (M) SDN. BHD. or better known as MFD.
The core business of MFD is for the importation and distribution of quality Japanese foods, ingredients and beverages to retails, hotels, restaurants and local distributors.
Over the 19 years the company has diversified not only in importation of food and beverages, it has also nurtured a home grown brand “BROGA”. “BROGA” emphasizes on the development of 5 local premium products (as it is known the “5 gem”), Bird Nest, Durian, Jin-ko (a.k.a Gaharu (locally), Agarwood (internationally), Tongkat-ali and Kacik Fatimah.
1. To import Japanese foodstuff (Frozen items and beverages)
2. To supply Japanese foodstuff to retailers, hotels, restaurants and local distributor etc.
3. To supply of local premium food materials (Bird nest, Durian and Jin-ko)/ processing factories in Malaysia.
4. To operate Japanese Restaurants & Sushi take away shops
Our imported products includes and not limited to dry foods items (Sashimi fishes & seafood, noodles, seasoning sauces, vinegar, green tea & etc.) and beverage (Japanese sake rice wine, shochu, umeshu, sparkling, Whisky & etc.)
The company has 6 departments:
1. Import & Purchasing Department
2. Sales Department
3. Marketing & Public Relationship Department
4. Account & Finance Department
5. Inventory Management